Budgeting for One: My July Grocery Hauls and Simple Home-Cooked Meals
Rising costs can make shopping for a single household feel like a challenge. When you live alone, it is easy to fall into the trap of overbuying fresh food that goes to waste, or relying on frozen convenience meals.
For me, slow living is all about bringing intention back into the kitchen. In this post, I am sharing an honest look at two of my grocery hauls from July, my total monthly budget for food and toiletries, and how I turn these ingredients into simple, nourishing meals for one.
My Food & Toiletries Budget for One
Managing a solo budget requires a bit of planning. Keeping a dedicated budget for groceries and household essentials keeps me on track without feeling restricted.
Here is how I approach my monthly shopping:
- Thoughtful Planning: I always check my pantry and fridge before leaving the house to avoid duplicate purchases.
- Prioritizing Staples: I focus my budget on versatile ingredients that can be used across multiple different dishes.
- Preventing Waste: Buying smaller quantities of produce ensures everything stays fresh until I am ready to use it.
Simple, Nourishing Meals for One
Cooking for one does not have to mean spending hours in the kitchen, nor does it mean eating the exact same leftover meal for four days straight. This month, my focus was on simple, comforting dishes that come together quickly but still feel like a treat.
Watch the Full Video: 2 Grocery Hauls & Meal Inspiration
I recorded my entire shopping trip and kitchen routine so you could see exactly what I bought and how I prepared these meals. You can watch the full video right here:⬇️⬇️
If you enjoyed the video, please consider subscribing to my YouTube channel, leaving a comment, or sharing it with a friend who loves frugal living and simple home cooking!
Let's Connect
I would love to hear from you in the comments below. How do you manage your grocery budget when cooking for one? What is your favorite go-to simple meal? Let's share our tips and build a community of slow, intentional living together.
What I eat in Retirement
Poached Chicken breast with potato and beans, broccoli salad
Poached salmon, carrots, onion, bok-choy served with brown rice & Edamame beans
Simple salad: cucumber, tomatoes, peppers, broccoli, dried cranberries, boiled egg and grated Feta cheese
![]() |
| Beef/pork sausages, canned peas, tomato & roasted potatoes |
![]() |
| Making ice cubebs with mint and lemon |
Budgeting for One: My July Grocery Hauls and Simple Home-Cooked Meals
Rising costs can make shopping for a single household feel like a challenge. When you live alone, it is easy to fall into the trap of overbuying fresh food that goes to waste, or relying on frozen convenience meals.
For me, slow living is all about bringing intention back into the kitchen. In this post, I am sharing an honest look at two of my grocery hauls from July, my total monthly budget for food and toiletries, and how I turn these ingredients into simple, nourishing meals for one.
My Food & Toiletries Budget for One
Managing a solo budget requires a bit of planning. Keeping a dedicated budget for groceries and household essentials keeps me on track without feeling restricted.
Here is how I approach my monthly shopping:
- Thoughtful Planning: I always check my pantry and fridge before leaving the house to avoid duplicate purchases.
- Prioritizing Staples: I focus my budget on versatile ingredients that can be used across multiple different dishes.
- Preventing Waste: Buying smaller quantities of produce ensures everything stays fresh until I am ready to use it.
Simple, Nourishing Meals for One
Cooking for one does not have to mean spending hours in the kitchen, nor does it mean eating the exact same leftover meal for four days straight. This month, my focus was on simple, comforting dishes that come together quickly but still feel like a treat.
Watch the Full Video: 2 Grocery Hauls & Meal Inspiration
I recorded my entire shopping trip and kitchen routine so you could see exactly what I bought and how I prepared these meals. You can watch the full video right here:⬇️⬇️
If you enjoyed the video, please consider subscribing to my YouTube channel, leaving a comment, or sharing it with a friend who loves frugal living and simple home cooking!
Let's Connect
I would love to hear from you in the comments below. How do you manage your grocery budget when cooking for one? What is your favorite go-to simple meal? Let's share our tips and build a community of slow, intentional living together.
What I eat in Retirement
Poached Chicken breast with potato and beans, broccoli salad
Poached salmon, carrots, onion, bok-choy served with brown rice & Edamame beans
Simple salad: cucumber, tomatoes, peppers, broccoli, dried cranberries, boiled egg and grated Feta cheese
![]() |
| Beef/pork sausages, canned peas, tomato & roasted potatoes |
![]() |
| Making ice cubebs with mint and lemon |






No comments:
Post a Comment