Monday, September 2, 2024

Turning Leftover Candle Bits into Beautiful Homemade Candles

Turning Leftover Candle Bits into Beautiful Homemade Candles

A Creative and Frugal DIY Project


"Turning Leftover Candle Bits into Beautiful Homemade Candles:

Turning Leftover Candle Bits into Beautiful Homemade Candles


Handmade, crochet candle wick
Handmade, crochet candle wick

It is a Russian superstition not spending money on Mondays. I try to stick with this old superstition and keep myself busy at home with DIY and craft projects. 
Spent the afternoon making candles using leftover bits from old ones I had around the house. I added some lovely scented oils I brought from the UK – I’ve got 17 bottles in total from a farewell gift set. Since I didn’t have wicks, I crocheted my own using thin cotton yarn from my stash! It worked out perfectly.


I melted the old candles in a jar placed in a pot of water, kept an eye on it for 45 minutes, and then carefully poured the wax into a mix of glass and ceramic containers I already had. I’m so happy with how they turned out – I made six large and small candles, and they smell and look gorgeous. Considering how pricey candles are these days ($10-$15 each!), these beauties cost me nothing but time. This is what I call being creative, frugal, and resourceful!

I hope you enjoyed this post, you might like the next one ⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://verasslowlivingdiaries.blogspot.com/2024/08/how-to-transform-scrap-wood-into.html




Turning Leftover Candle Bits into Beautiful Homemade Candles

A Creative and Frugal DIY Project


"Turning Leftover Candle Bits into Beautiful Homemade Candles:

Turning Leftover Candle Bits into Beautiful Homemade Candles


Handmade, crochet candle wick
Handmade, crochet candle wick

It is a Russian superstition not spending money on Mondays. I try to stick with this old superstition and keep myself busy at home with DIY and craft projects. 
Spent the afternoon making candles using leftover bits from old ones I had around the house. I added some lovely scented oils I brought from the UK – I’ve got 17 bottles in total from a farewell gift set. Since I didn’t have wicks, I crocheted my own using thin cotton yarn from my stash! It worked out perfectly.


I melted the old candles in a jar placed in a pot of water, kept an eye on it for 45 minutes, and then carefully poured the wax into a mix of glass and ceramic containers I already had. I’m so happy with how they turned out – I made six large and small candles, and they smell and look gorgeous. Considering how pricey candles are these days ($10-$15 each!), these beauties cost me nothing but time. This is what I call being creative, frugal, and resourceful!

I hope you enjoyed this post, you might like the next one ⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://verasslowlivingdiaries.blogspot.com/2024/08/how-to-transform-scrap-wood-into.html




No comments:

Post a Comment

You Can Be Anything You Want—Just Don’t Be Ungrateful

You Can Be Anything You Want—Just Don’t Be Ungrateful Be Grateful, Life is Good! Finding Peace in Times of Economic Uncertainty Recently,...